Global Tax Planning and Preparation  

Whether you are a U.S. citizen, corporation or foreign national who works outside your domestic county you must file a U.S. tax return for as long as you meet the annually indexed minimum filing threshold.

As a US Expatriate, you are also required to file a U.S. tax return and report your worldwide income on your U.S. tax filings. When outside the U.S. and earning income there are special regulations that allow an offset to your U.S. tax obligation, if certain qualifications are met. The offsets are made available as a result of the integration between the Foreign Earned Income Exclusion, Housing Exclusion and/or Housing Deduction and Foreign Tax Credit mechanisms. Also, internationally agreed to income tax treaties also serve to reduce and/or eliminate your U.S. or foreign tax liabilities.

Foreign nationals assigned, seconded or locally hired in the U.S. should make a determination of the optimal tax filing status in the year of arrival to the U.S.; this is rarely straightforward and can be quite complex. There are many unique and highly complex U.S. domestic tax laws and regulations affecting the U.S. tax residency of foreign nationals, in addition to income and social security tax treaties. The tax laws and regulations affecting foreign nationals are specialized and the tax ramifications are very different than that for U.S. citizens or U.S. green card holders. Federal and state taxes paid by foreign nationals are in some cases entirely refundable. We specialize in helping our clients recover such improperly paid income taxes.

We can advise you as to the applicable tax laws and regulations directly affecting you and we will consult with you on the preparation of any Foreign Tax, U.S. Federal Tax or U.S. State Tax required all via electronic communication, phone and/or fax, where the situation precludes a one-on-one meeting.

The following links to Web pages are provided as is and are not endorsed or warranted by Learned Tax & Financial Services. The links provide useful information for Expatriates abroad. Click Here

Call Us and Let Our Experience Work for You!